Welcome to this new podcast interview show for future womenpreneurs! The focus of this podcast is to learn from women who are serving others in their own business from home. We will get the backstory and hear about how they got started and the journey that brought them to where they are today.
Victoria Gazeley is our special guest on the show today. I met her online a few years ago and now I’m really excited to have this chance to learn more about her. Victoria does graphic design work and specializes in WordPress websites. She shares how she made a big move from living in the city with a corporate job to living in a cabin in the country and starting her own business. Victoria also has a homesteading website to help others who want to make this transition as well. Working in the country has come with a unique set of challenges related to technology and wildlife. You won’t believe the stories she has to share about that! Hopefully this interview will inspire you to move forward in your own business regardless of the challenges you’ll have to overcome.
In this episode, you’ll also learn about:
- How Victoria got started in graphic design
- The web skills she learned in her corporate job
- Where she lives that allowed her to take a year of maternity leave
- Victoria’s original plan to start an online business
- Her growing desire to be able to stay home with her son
- How her focus moved to a web design business
- Being flexible and allowing plans to change
- Helping others figure out how to move their family to the county
- How a side project can help you stay motivated in your main work
- Weighing the benefits of focusing on one skill versus adding variety
- Victoria’s advice for starting a part-time business on the side
- Avoiding the stress of starting a business from a desperate place
- What paralyzed Victoria and kept her from making a decision
- Not being tied to your first business idea
- How Victoria has balanced her business with being a mother
- Why her life is an adventure every day
Victoria Gazeley is a mom, rural living fan, and graphic designer with a
penchant for all things WordPress (theme customization, maintenance, troubleshooting – LOVE!!). Her biggest business joy is working with entrepreneurs to help them put their best foot forward online with graphics that really represent their business – and doing it affordably. Her goal?
To remove the technical and design barriers that paralyze so many online entrepreneurs so they’re freed up to focus on what they do best creating new products and growing their business. At The Cabin Design Studio, we help entrepreneurs shine online… all from a tiny cabin in the West Coast