Welcome to this new podcast interview show for future womenpreneurs! The focus of this podcast is to learn from women who are serving others in their own business from home. We will get the backstory and hear about how they got started and the journey that brought them to where they are today.
Cielo Cloud is our special guest today. I met her about three years ago at a conference and now she is a dear friend of mine. After working as an executive assistant in the corporate world for many years, Cielo was able to use the skills and knowledge she gained to transition into working virtually. Her business has now grown into a virtual assistant firm with a team of people. During this interview Cielo shares how much she continues to learn and grow while having her own business. She has noticed a recent shift that makes this a good time to get started as a virtual assistant. If you are in a job where you feel unappreciated or unsatisfied, now may be the time to invest in yourself as Cielo did. She has learned the importance of going for what you really want, sticking with it, and not being afraid of making mistakes because that is how you really learn.
In this episode, you’ll also learn about:
- The struggle of choosing between a job and a family
- Taking a leap without having a plan in place
- Becoming aware of what a virtual assistant actually does
- Taking a business seriously and going to another level
- Making things happen when there is no other choice
- Moving through the temptation to go back to a corporate job
- Putting energy into a business rather than a job search
- Going forward when you don’t have the support of a spouse
- Having a vision and a transition plan
- How Cielo’s teenage children help out with the business
- Having a proper structure to follow each day
- Being clear on your services and your target market
- The turning point that made Cielo realize she is not limited
- Cielo’s advice for someone who’s just getting started
- Putting yourself out there and letting others know what you do
- Having a strategy to network offline when you want to stay online
Cielo Cloud is a mother, wife and entrepreneur from San Diego, CA. Gaining most of her experience as an executive assistant for a couple major construction companies, she decided to go into business for herself as a virtual assistant and founded Virtual Outsource Concept in 2008.
She passionately trains and develops aspiring virtual assistants as well as provides virtual assistant services for busy executive professionals, entrepreneurs and small businesses.
She focuses on teaching them how to maximize their time so that they can focus on growing their business and living a more balanced life by streamlining their business processes and procedures.
She believes that people don’t have to work harder, they just need to work smarter by outsourcing the tasks that hold them back from having a successful and fulfilling business or career.